Thursday, March 4, 2010

Method #12

Evaluation:  I've just spent the last few minutes going back through my blog entries for this online course, and refreshing my memory about the really neat things that we've learned.  I do feel that I've gone from being pretty clueless and very ignorant about Web 2.0, to feeling like I at least have a cursory understanding as to what it's all about.  I like knowing what computing "in the cloud" means, though I am not one who will easily jump into that cloud.  I think those resources which are more geared toward sharing and broadcasting information, rather than the social networking resources, are ones that appeal to me the most.  I have really enjoyed Google Reader and the RSS feeds I've set up for myself.  I like the possibilities of wikis and podcasts and Googledocs.  Those sites like Flickr and Facebook and Twitter which are both social sites and have tremendous potential for passing along useful information, have piqued my curiosity and sent up red flags. Of course, the truth is that all these sites are both social and informative, and my job is to figure out how I can use these sites to reach my students while still maintaining my own comfort zone.  In one of my posts, I talked quite a bit about community and wondered if true community can be established around a YouTube video or a Flickr image.  While I still doubt it, I don't want to miss valuable ways to connect books and information with my students.
        One evaluation question was whether I'd be inclined to take another similar online course.  I certainly would.  I love the freedom of learning new things at my own speed and at my own convenience.  My only concern is that this one was so long, that it is hard to remember all that we did at the beginning.  I think I would rather have less content concluded in a shorter amount of time.  However, here it is the last possible day I can work on this, and I'm just now finishing up!  I am a procrastinator!

No comments:

Post a Comment