Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Method #5--Flickr, etc.

Yet again I am surprised at what is available online.  Of course, I've heard of Flickr and like sites for years.  It's the whole social networking around photos that has surprised me.  I looked at one recently posted photo which had something like 28 responses to it.  Don't these people work?  It's all I can do to keep up with my email at school.  I can't imagine spending my own free time looking at other people's pictures and making comments on them.  These virtual "friendships" make me a little crazy.  I'd rather have breakfast face to face with a friend of 30 years.  However, I'd have to be a block of wood not to see the potential of having access to thousands of public photos which might be used in a variety of ways if attribution is given.  On the most basic level, I love having an online place to save my photos and to share them with those near and dear to me.




So here's the Flickr photo I uploaded.  It's by Rona Keller who loaded it on Flickr day before yesterday.  Pretty cool.  However, I couldn't seem to upload it directly from the website.  I had to download it to my computer first.  Maybe I have to create a Flickr account first?

No comments:

Post a Comment