Monday, November 16, 2009

Method #7--Social Bookmarking

I heard about Delicious a couple of years ago at some workshop. I even set up a Delicious account at that time.  And there ended my Delicious experience.  I never did a thing with it.  Yesterday, I got into my account and uploaded my favorites.  I still haven't tagged them or organized them in any way.  My curiosity is piqued with the idea of creating a library account, adding bookmarks to wonderful research sites, checking what sites other libraries are using, and sharing sites with colleagues and students.  I'm afraid I don't completely understand how to do all of this, and I'm not convinced the students in my high school would ever really use it.  I might be surprised.  Right now, it sounds like one more thing that would take quite a bit of time to set up in any way that would prove useful and appealing to high school students.  I am intrigued, though, and will definitely find time to play with the site after I've processed the 200 new books I have sitting in my workroom and office!  Yes, they are the old-fashioned paper kind.  I will have to relisten to the tutorial, reread the article and watch the Delicious intro again at that time, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment